Microsoft is one of the most common applications among the computer users across the world.The complete package of MS Office includes applications for creating spreadsheets, documents, presentations and more.
The latest versions of Office are 2016 and 365. With these two in your computer, you can do many complicated tasks within the blink of an eye and that too without using any other application.
Among all these applications, MS word is used to create documents. While creating a document, you can easily insert a graph, table, image, shapes and more in it.
Just like in any other application, you can also face an error in word. The most common errors are:
- Run – time error
- Compile error in a hidden module
- Word cannot open this document (the file you are trying to open)
- Command cannot be performed because a dialogue box is open Invalid add-in template
- Subscript out of range
- Module name cannot be found
The aforementioned errors occur when an add-in in the one of the startups folder is not compatible with the Microsoft Word.
Close or quit all the programs and applications including MS Word and Outlook. Follow the below mentioned path to open the Startup folder
MS Office 2000
Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeStartup
MS Office 2002
Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice10Startup
MS Office 2003
Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice11Startup
MS Office 2007
Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12Startup
MS Office 2010
Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice14Startup
Once you open this folder, move all the files available in this folder to the desktop. Restart MS Word and try opening your document once again. If this doesn’t work out, then install the support template by following the below mentioned steps:
- Open control panel by pressing Windows + R and typing control panel in it
- Select add or remove programs
- Now click change or remove program
- From the currently installed program list, click your MS Office version and click change
- From add or remove features, hit next
- In “Custom Setup” setting, select the check box in front of “Choose advanced customization of applications”
Under the “Choose update options for applications and tools”, do the following steps
- Expand MS Office WordExpand
- Wizard and Templates
- Choose the icon More Templates and Macros
- Click to choose Run all from my computer
- Hit update to install the support templates
If you have tried the aforementioned solution but the problem still persistsHealth Fitness Articles, then visit office.com/setup or contacting Microsoft customer support team would definitely be a great idea. Their customer support team works 24*7 to provide you a quick and reliable solution to all the Microsoft Office errors associated with its different versions.